Eurotunnel Le Shuttle is committed to protecting your personal data
In accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998 and the French law Informatique et Libertés dated 6 January 1978. Data Protection Registration Number: Z8888594.
1. Who is collecting your data?
Your personal data is collected by Eurotunnel, a partnership between The Channel Tunnel Group Limited and France Manche SA.
2. Why your data is collected?
For business purposes, we collect personal data to provide good customer services.
We may also extract certain data from the information you provide us such as the country of departure, country and town of residence, in order to analyze booking patterns, tailor promotions to your requirements and assist with customer profiling.
3. When your data is collected?
We collect personal data from you in several ways including:
- When you book tickets or other products and services with us;
- When you request information;
- When you complete one of our customer satisfaction surveys;
- When you enter into one of our competitions;
- When you complete one of our lifestyle questionnaires;
- When you send email messages to us,
- When you use social media sites.
4. Which data is collected?
For business purposes, the information we collect may include:
- Email address;
- Postal address;
- Telephone number;
- Lifestyle information (for instance if you travel for business or for leisure),
- Credit card and debit card information when you enter into or refer to a previous transaction with us. This information is encrypted and not accessible by us. Please click here for further information about our online security;
- Other relevant information.
This data is collected and kept with your prior consent.
5. How do we use your data?
We may use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Customer service - the personal data that we collect will principally be processed to enable us to provide you with the products and services you have requested. It may also be retained for billing, administrative and legal purposes and will enable us to contact you where necessary. Similarly, if you enter one of our competitions we will ask you for your personal data to enable us to administer the competition and notify winners.
- Marketing - where you have consented, we may send you marketing information to keep you up-to date with our products and services, special offers and offers from our selected partners that we feel may be of interest to you. We may also use your personal data to run reports on the effectiveness of our strategy and marketing campaigns.
- Training and quality assurance purposes and to help us improve our service to you.
- To contact you for your views on our products and services.
At each point where we may collect your personal data for marketing purposes we provide an opt-out facility to ensure you only receive the information that you want. With each marketing communication you receive from us, you will also have the opportunity to unsubscribe from receiving any future communications.
6. To whom may your personal data be disclosed?
Our policy accords with national and European laws regarding data protection and we are very careful about disclosing your personal information to third parties, and will only be disclosed under your consent or unless permitted by law.
The information you provide to us may be given to third parties who act for us for the purposes set out in this policy or for other purposes approved by you. These parties may process information and provide support services on our behalf but will not be entitled to use your information for their own purposes. All third parties are required to enter into an agreement with us not to disclose any personal data without our consent.
We may disclose statistical information to third parties in aggregate form without revealing any personal details about our customers, however, unless required to do so by law, we will not otherwise share or disclose any of the personal data you provide to us without your consent.
7. How is your data protected?
We employ security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. Please click here to read our security statement.
8. For how long is your data kept?
In accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998 and the French law Informatique et Libertés dated 6 January 1978, we will retain your information for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires.
9. What are your rights?
A person whose data is collected has the right to access, amend and ask to delete his/her personal data for a legitimate reason. You are entitled to see the information held about you and you may ask us to make any necessary changes to ensure that it is accurate and kept up to date. You may request access to and amendment of your personal data by contacting us at one of the following address:
Eurotunnel, Siège d’exploitation, Legal Department, 62904 Coquelles Cedex, BP 69, France
UK Terminal, Ashford Road, Legal Department, Folkestone, KENT, CT18 8XX, United Kingdom
We are entitled by law to charge a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
If you have previously consented to us keeping your data for marketing purposes you may change your mind at any time. Once you have unsubscribed we will not retain and use your data for marketing purposes.Click here to unsubscribe or contact us to one of the above addresses.
For any questions on our data protection policy, please do not hesitate to contact us. You can use the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org