Celebrate the 70th anniversary of
D-Day and the Battle of Normandy
Exclusive offers for Eurotunnel Le Shuttle customers.
Normandy has long been a major tourist destination thanks to its wealth of activities and historic sites. As the birthplace of Impressionism, it is well known for its parks and gardens and is steeped in history, from the Dukes of Normandy to the D-Day beaches.
This year Normandy commemorates the 70th anniversary of D-Day and the Battle of Normandy from March through to the end of August with ceremonies, firework displays, street dances, parachute drops, exhibitions, parades and re-enactments.
To mark this major event in history, Eurotunnel Le Shuttle has teamed up with two of the top local attractions to bring you four great offers so you can make the most of the celebrations. To take advantage of these offers, all you need to do is download the vouchers and take them with you when you visit.
Caen-Normandie Memorial Centre for History and Peace
This unique peace museum houses permanent exhibitions on the historical build up to the Second World War, the D-Day Landing Beaches, and the Cold War with interactive displays, film, and much more. It is the perfect place to start your D-Day tour in Normandy.
- Over 25% off individual entrance fees to the Caen-Normandie Memorial Centre for History and Peace
- Over 20% off entrance fees + guided tour of the landing beaches at the Caen-Normandie Memorial Centre for History and Peace
For more information about the Caen-Normandie Memorial Centre for History and Peace, click here
See terms and conditions
Arromanches 360° Circular Cinema
Located on the Arromanches clifftops, the Arromanches 360° Circular Cinema dominates the remnants of one of the two artificial Mulberry harbours set up by the Allies.
The new Arromanches 360° film, projected in high definition on nine screens, tells the harrowing story of the monumental Battle of Normandy, thanks to archive images gathered from around the world.
- 20% off individual entrance fees to the Arromanches Circular Cinema
- Over 30% off entrance fees to the Arromanches Circular Cinema for children aged 10-18
For more information about the Arromanches 360° Circular Cinema, click here
See terms and conditions
Programme of events
An exceptional programme of events has been put together showcasing this major historical event throughout 2014. For the full list of events, visit the Normandy Tourist Board website
7 June – 31 December - The 100 objects of the Battle of Normandy
A brand new exhibition to mark the 70th anniversary: "100 Objects of the Battle" tells the story of the terrible combats that led to the liberation of Normandy, a major step in reconquering Western Europe. Emblematic, odd, surprising, or moving… each object has a story to tell.
For more information on the 70th Anniversary celebrations, visit www.normandy-tourism.org and www.the70th-normandy.com
Normandy is just a 3-hour drive on the motorway from Eurotunnel Le Shuttle Calais Terminal. All of the key destinations that are part of the D-Day Landing celebrations are well sign posted, and easy to drive to.
Terms and conditions of the offers
- Offers are valid until 28 February 2015.
- Not applicable to groups.
- Cannot be used in conjunction with other offers.
- No cash alternatives.
- These offers are provided by the Caen Memorial and the Arromanches 360° Circular Cinema and can be withdrawn without notice at any time. Eurotunnel Le Shuttle cannot be responsible for any claims and is not liable for any changes made to the offer.