An exceptional historical museum, only 40 minutes from Calais
One of the great relics of the Second World War
Situated 5km from the town of Saint-Omer, La Coupole is a gigantic underground bunker designed by the Nazis, in 1943-1944.
La Coupole is one of the great relics of the Second World War in Europe, a History and Remembrance Centre, now a major tourist attraction. The underground bunker was used to store, prepare and launch the V2 rockets, the secret weapon that Hitler was counting on to destroy London.
Audio guide headphones are available in 4 languages (French, English, Dutch and German). The two audio guided tours will help you discover the ambiguous relationship between science and history, from Hitler's secret weapons to the conquest of Space.
La Coupole recently underwent a renovation program in order to be more innovative and interactive. Photos, films, items and documents enrich the exhibition. Two new exhibitions, the birth of the atomic bomb and air photography are now available.
De l'ombre à la lumière
New Temporary Exhibition - 5 September 2014 to 30 August 2015
On the occasion of the 70th anniversary of the Liberation of Nord–Pas-de-Calais, La Coupole is hosting a temporary exhibition devoted to the year 1944 and the liberation of the region. It is a well-documented account of the latest advances in research on major themes related to this topic: the bombings, the Ascq massacre, the Resistance, the military operations, repression, the activity of "the guardian angel of the V1" or the last "train from Loos". Covering the period from April 1944 to May 1945, iconography is at the heart of the exhibition.
Access to the exhibition is included in the entrance fee for La Coupole.
Experience the wonders of the Universe on a fully immersive journey!
Discover the Universe as we take you on an incredible journey in a 360° projection room equipped with revolutionary 3D technology. Float in the Universe, fly to the Moon on board Saturn V or step foot on Mars. An unforgettable experience for the whole family!
Films are shown in 3D or 2D depending on the show by 6 video projectors combined with an astronomy simulator generating 360° very high resolution images. With a 360° hemispherical screen 15 metres in diameter, a 15° sloping floor and a 5.1 surround sound system, the Planetarium offers visitors full immersion in Space and Science.
Each show lasts 50 to 60 minutes, starting with a voyage through space with live commentary (15 minutes) followed by a choice of films (35 minutes).
Offers validity: Offers valid from 11 November to 11 December 2014 on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays only.
How to redeem the offers: Voucher must be collected from the Customer Service and Tickets Desk or the Voucher Collection Point in the Victor Hugo Building on the day of travel during the period of the promotion. Customers must present their voucher(s) together with their Eurotunnel Le Shuttle ticket hanger at La Coupole ticket office.
See terms and conditions
Getting there and around
Situated 5km from the town of Saint-Omer, La Coupole is a gigantic underground bunker designed by the Nazis, in 1943-1944. Just a 40 minute drive on the motorway from Eurotunnel Le Shuttle's Calais Terminal.
Rue du Mont-à- Car
Tel : + 33 (3) 21 12 27 27
Free audio-guide - Average length: about 3 ½ hours -Fully accessible to persons with reduced mobility - Cafeteria - Picnic area - Free car park - Animals not admitted
Opening Times : (local time)
Daily from 09:00 to 18:00
Daily from 10:00 to 19:00 in July and August
Terms and conditions
- Offers valid from 11 November to 11 December 2014 on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays only.
- Combined entrance to the Museum and a 2D or 3D show at the Planetarium: €8 per person for adults and children
- Visit to the Museum or Planetarium show: €5 per person for adults and children
- 1 voucher per person to a maximum of 4 people
- Cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or discount
- Voucher can only be redeemed once
- Voucher is not for resale
- No cash alternative
- Voucher must be collected from the Customer Service and Tickets Desk or the Voucher Collection Point in the Victor Hugo Building on the day of travel during the period of the promotion. Customers must present their voucher(s) together with their Eurotunnel Le Shuttle ticket hanger at La Coupole ticket office.
- These exclusive offers are provided by La Coupole and can be withdrawn without notice at any time. Eurotunnel Le Shuttle cannot be responsible for any claims and is not liable for any changes made to the offers.