Eurotunnel - Latest travel information
Latest travel information
Adverse weather and road conditions
If weather or road conditions are likely to affect the time of your arrival at the Eurotunnel Le Shuttle Folkestone or Calais terminal, please ensure you take extra care whilst driving and allow enough time for your journey.
We recommend that you check the latest weather forecast and road conditions for your entire journey before setting off.
Some advice before you set off on your journey
- Clear any snow and ice from your roof, wheel arches, windows, lights and number plates. Make sure mirrors are clear and windows are de-misted thoroughly.
- Ensure your windscreen wipers are fully functioning
- Make sure your winter driving kit is in the car and includes a fully charged mobile phone - please do not use whilst driving.
- Bring extra food and drinks just in case you get delayed on route to our terminal
- Don't forget to ensure you have a first aid kit plus any personal medication too
- Pack additional entertainment for the children and snacks and water for your pets
For the latest traffic and weather updates, please visit the Highways Agency website for the UK and the Bison Futé website for France.
We would advise you to keep to your booked departure time and do not arrive early or late as we will not have space to accommodate you. You should check-in at least 30 minutes prior and no more than 2 hours before your booked departure time.
Important pre-travel information for passengers travelling with a van
Vans with an MTPLM (maximum technically permissible laden mass) exceeding 3.5 tonnes*, or vans carrying commercial goods for resale, or if your van is a "Box van", your ticket must be booked through our freight service. It is important that you book the correct ticket to avoid any problems when you arrive to travel. If you would like further advice, please call our Contact Centre on 0044 (0)8443 35 35 35.
* This information will be identified on your vehicle registration document. It may appear as 3,500kgs.
Passport and documentation
All passengers (including any pets that are travelling with you) will need a valid passport or ID card. A driving licence is not a valid document for travelling abroad. Please ensure you have your passport or ID card within easy reach and out of its wallet before approaching border controls.
Customers with high vehicles/roof boxes
To avoid over-extended waiting times, customers must advise Eurotunnel Le Shuttle in advance if they are planning to travel with a vehicle higher than 1.85 metres (including roof boxes). We do NOT charge an additional fee for high vehicles or vehicles fitted with a roof box, however we do require prior notice so that we can allocate them correctly. Please call the Contact Centre on 08443 35 35 35. Customers who notified us at the time of booking are not required to notify us again.