1. Arrive at Eurotunnel Le Shuttle and check-in 2. Collect your departure hanger 3. Visit our Passenger Terminal Building for refreshments 4. Proceed to Passport Control 5. Drive onto the shuttle, sit back and relax 6. Arrive in France
In 35 minutes simply drive off at the end of the crossing and be on your way.
1. Petrol is not called Petrol in French! Essence = PetrolSans Plomb = Unleaded PetrolGazole = Diesel 2. You must be 18 years old and have a valid UK driving licence, insurance and vehicle documents. 3. A GB sticker must be displayed on the rear of your car if your number plate does not include this information. 4. It is compulsory to carry a red warning triangle and reflective jacket. 5. You will need to adjust your headlamps for driving on the right.
6. Radar detectors are against the law, even if they are switched off. 7. Observe all speed limits.
8. Don't drink and drive, the limit is lower than the UK. 9. Make sure you have European Motor Breakdown cover.
10. And don't forget to drive on the right.
We are near Folkestone, and have our own motorway exit at junction 11A of the M20 straight to our check-in booths.
GPS coordinates:Latitude: 51:05:44N (51.09559), Longitude: 1:07:19E (1.12207)
Find us at:
Eurotunnel Le Shuttle
We are just outside Calais. Take junction 42 of the A16 motorway and the slip road takes you straight to our check-in booths.
Latitude: 50:56:21N (50.93906), Longitude: 1:48:52E (1.81446)
Find us at:
Travelling to France couldn't be easier - with up to four shuttle departures an hour at peak times, you'll be sure to find a time that suits you!
TIP 1: Our extensive timetable enables you to select your preferred date and time of travel.
TIP 2: Check availability in 3 easy steps
1. Select your travel dates
2. Select your preferred time slot (e.g.: between 08:00 & 10:00)
3. Choose your shuttle departure (i.e.: 08:20 departure)
You should check-in at least 30 minutes before your booked departure time, and no more than 2 hours before.
This allows for security checks at the French and British frontier controls, and time to get into the boarding lanes.
You will need your booking reference number and the credit/debit card used to make the booking.
If you would like a quick coffee before you go or take advantage of our UK and French Terminal buildings, don't forget to give yourself enough time.
Customer Information Line: +448444630000
Customer Contact Centre: +448443353535
Postsale and any other queries: +443457353535
Customer Relations: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sanef, the French motorway operator has now extended its Liber-t automatic toll payment service to UK motorists. It simply makes French "Autoroute" toll payment easy for you. You can now apply for FREE* for a toll tag and beat the queues on the French motorways.
To receive this exclusive offer you must sign up via this page and enter your Eurotunnel Le Shuttle booking reference or frequent traveller number in the promotional code box of the subscription form. Failure to do so will delay the delivery of your tag.
* This offer is provided by SANEF Tolling and can be withdrawn without notice at any time. Eurotunnel Le Shuttle cannot be responsible for any claims and is not liable for any changes made to the offer. SANEF Tolling terms and conditions apply.** Subject to French VAT
The UK government have introduced Exit Checks at all ports and airports from 1st April 2015. This requires Eurotunnel Le Shuttle to gather information on the identity of every person leaving the country, at their point of departure, and pass this information to UK Border Force.
In order to comply with this new legislation, and to speed up your journey through our Folkestone terminal, we will be asking you to provide us with your passport or identity card details in advance of your travel to the Continent. The following details will be required from you and each of the passengers travelling in your vehicle:
• Date of birth
• Document type
• Document number
• Issuing state
• Expiry date
You can provide us with your Advance Passenger Information (API) via the following ways:
• Once you've made a booking, by visiting www.eurotunnel.com/uk/api
• By calling our Contact Centre on 03301233207 where one of our team will add your travel information for you
You will need to have the travel information for each of your passengers to hand.
Once collected, this Advance Passenger Information (API) is sent securely and encrypted to the UK Border Force and the Home Office.
Frequently asked questions.
Desktop version | Legal Information
© 2011 Eurotunnel. All rights reserved.