Six top tips you should consider when taking your pet on holiday from our resident vet, Tony Barnes of Manor Veterinary Clinic.
1) Ensure your pet's vaccinations are up-to-date before you book your holiday - don't leave it until the last minute.
2) If you have a long journey ahead of you give your pet a light meal before you go and remember to pack small snacks for them (and the family).
3) Pets are susceptible to diet changes so take adequate supplies of their normal food.
4) Plan to make plenty of stops along the way.
5) Pack additional items like spare collars, leads, beds, as well as toilet bags and of course plenty of water. It's thirsty work going on holiday.
6) Be aware there are more biting insects abroad than we have in the UK. Ask your vet how you can take preventative steps for your pet.