• New Emission Laws for all UK registered vehicles travelling to France

  • emissions

    If you are planning on travelling to France this year, it might be worth considering the new Air Quality Emissions Certificate, which has recently been enforced by the French Government. The certificate is being introduced in order to lower emissions from vehicles travelling to specific areas in France (Low Emission Zones) and as of the 1st of April 2017, the following locations will require all UK registered vehicles to purchase the new certificate: Paris, Lyon and Grenoble.

    Is the Certificate mandatory?

    If your plan is to drive to or through one of these restricted areas, the answer is ‘Yes’. Your sticker must be displayed clearly in the windscreen of your vehicle, otherwise you may find yourself with a fine of up to €135.

    Which certificate do I need?

    There are 6 different certificate types which come in the form of a sticker (each type dependent on your vehicle’s emissions). When purchasing your certificate you must make sure you are aware of your Vehicle Category and your Euro Type Approval Classification which can both be found on your Registration Document.

    How much is the certificate?

    It is important to obtain your certificate (sticker) from the official government website, for which prices start at just €3.70, plus postage. Purchasing the certificate from another source may cost you more.

    How do I purchase my certificate?

    Whatever type of vehicle you drive, you must obtain your certificate before you travel. The certificate is easy to purchase and only takes a few minutes.

    Purchase your certificate here