LPG and gas transport
LPG is the abbreviation for « Liquefied Petroleum Gas ».
LPG or equivalent flammable gas and dual powered vehicles (i.e. vehicles fitted with an LPG or equivalent tank as an alternative fuel) cannot be accepted for transport by Eurotunnel Le Shuttle, even though:
- the LPG or equivalent tank is empty,
- the LPG or equivalent mode of the vehicle is not selected.
If travelling with a campervan, caravan or van, any gas container must be declared when asked, and will be checked at the appropriate checkpoint by Eurotunnel Le Shuttle.
Allowed Gas Quantities
||Maximum allowed quantity
||Maximum filling rate
|1 "mobile" container
|Several "mobile" containers
|1 "fixed" container
|Several "fixed" containers
Transport of gas containers to power domestic services* for caravans, campervans, vehicles fitted out as a campervan are restricted as outline below:
Mobile gas container
- If your vehicle is fitted with a “mobile” gas container the quantity of gas is limited to 47kg (or approximately 93 litres) for a single container and is limited to 50kg (or approximately 99 litres) in the case of several containers.
Fixed gas container
- If your vehicle is fitted with a “fixed” gas container the quantity of gas is limited to 47kg (or approximately 93 litres) for a single container and the maximum filling rate is 80% (or approximately 73 litres). In the case of several fixed containers the quantity of gas is limited to 50kg (or approximately 99 litres) on the whole with a maximum filling rate of 80% per container (or approximately 79 litres).
Both mobile and fixed containers
- If your vehicle is fitted with a combination of mobile and fixed containers the quantity of gas is limited to 50kg and rules previously described applies.
Note: Containers must be easy of access by our staff for any check.
This filling rate will be checked via the gauge. If no gauge is present, the vehicle will be refused.
When travelling gas containers must be switched off and connection systems must be in good condition.
Opening container tap or using domestic services are strictly forbidden until the unloading on the opposite terminal.
*cooking, refrigeration, heating, water heaters...
In case of non compliance with these conditions Eurotunnel Le Shuttle reserves the right to cancel your journey.
Read our Conditions of Carriage.