European Motor Breakdown Cover
Comprehensive cover whilst driving abroad from only £10.95+
Do not get left stranded by the roadsideOur single trip or annual policies will cover you and your vehicle allowing you to relax and enjoy your holiday abroad.
Prices from£10.95+inc IPT
European Motor Breakdown PLUS
Did you know, vehicle repatriation from Southern France could cost up to £1,500**. For as little as £15.25
, our European Motor Breakdown PLUS package covers you, your passengers and your vehicle ensuring your holiday goes according to plan.
Comprehensive breakdown cover
|Choose from either single trip or annual cover|
|Your vehicle fixed at the roadside or towed to the nearest garage|
|Emergency accommodation and car hire cover|
|English speaking helpline on call 24/7|
|PLUS £500 towards replacement parts and labour*|
|Call 08708 50 82 99 now for a quote|
- All premiums include Insurance Premium Tax
Summary benefits and coverage
|European Motor Breakdown||European Motor
|Prices from only||£10.95+||£15.25+||£99.95++||£159.95++|
English Speaking emergency helplines|
No. of days
covered||Up to max. 94 days||Up to max. 94 days||Cover for 365 days, max. 31 days per trip||Cover for 365
days, max. 31
days per trip
|European Motor Breakdown Cover||Up to||Up to||Up to||Up to|
|Age of vehicle||Up to 15 years||Up to 11 years||Up to 15 years||Up to 11 years|
|Car hire, 7 days before departure||£750||£750||£750||£750|
|Roadside assistance and emergency repairs||£250||£250||£250||£250|
|Car hire and alternative travel costs||£750||£750||£750||£750|
|Emergency accommodation costs||£400||£400||£400||£400|
|Despatch of replacement parts||No limit||No limit||No limit||No limit|
|Securing vehicle following break-in||£175||£175||£175||£175|
|Alternative driver||No limit||No limit||No limit||No limit|
|Motoring legal protection & Bail Bond||£10,000||£10,000||£10,000||£10,000|
|Loss of use of tent||£400||£400||£400||£400|
|Return of vehicle to the UK||Current market value||Current market value||Current market value||Current market
|Optional Parts & Labour Benefit|
|Optional Caravan cover available|
|Optional Trailer cover available|
See how we compare
Motor Breakdown - Single Trip Cover
|1 day||7 days||14 days|
(All premiums shown include Insurance Premium Tax)
Competitor rates were obtained from independent research carried out in April 2015 for a car (Golf, 2011). Terms and conditions may vary between providers.
European Motor Breakdown - Annual Cover
(All premiums shown include Insurance Premium Tax)
Competitor rates were obtained from independent research carried out in April 2015 for a car (Golf, 2011) . Terms and conditions may vary between providers.
How to buy your European Motor Breakdown Cover
It's as easy as...
part of your booking
Take out one of our PLUS products for that extra peace of mind - European Motor Breakdown PLUS, All-in-One PLUS & All-in-One PLUS with Winter Sports Cover all cover you for replacement parts and labour bills up to £500.
If only 1 person is travelling, purchase our Personal Travel Insurance and European Motor Breakdown Cover separately, rather than our All-In-One product, as this is better value for money and you could save up to £20.00#.
+ Price shown is for one day cover
++ Price shown is for annual cover based on a 17 day trip for 1 person.
* Vehicle must be less than 15 years old at time of travel or cover (for Standard cover).
Vehicle must be less than 11 years old at time of travel or cover (for PLUS cover).
** Based on Eurotunnel Le Shuttle customers average European Motor Breakdown claims in 2013
Full policy terms and conditions are available upon request through our
or see policy documents below.
# Based on a 17 day trip for 1 person
All premiums include Insurance Premium Tax
- Personal Travel Insurance provides comprehensive Travel Insurance for individuals.
- European Motor Breakdown Cover provides cover for the vehicle against Motor Breakdown.
- The All-in-One package provides comprehensive Travel Insurance for all passengers in the vehicle for a maximum of 8 people including the driver, AND the vehicle against Motor Breakdown in one value for money package.
- The All-in-One with Winter Sports Cover provides comprehensive Travel Insurance with Winter Sports Cover for all passengers in the vehicle for a maximum of 5 people including the driver, AND the vehicle against Motor Breakdown in one value for money package.
- Upgrade to 'PLUS' for extra Parts and Labour Benefit, call 08708 50 82 99
- Vehicle must be less than 15 years old at time of travel or cover (for Standard cover)
- Vehicle must be less than 11 years old at time of travel or cover (for PLUS cover)
- There is no age limit for passengers travelling on Single Trip insurance, however, there is a maximum age limit of 69 years for Annual Travel. If you require Annual Travel and are 70 years or more, you may be able to obtain alternative Annual Travel insurance by contacting: Free Spirit www.freespirit4aga.co.uk and quote code EUT1000 (tel 0845 609 8864). Alternatively, the British Insurance Brokers Association www.biba.org.uk (tel 0870 950 1790).
- Full policy terms and conditions are available upon request through our Contact Centre or see policy documents below.
European Motor Breakdown
Eurotunnel Motor Breakdown Cover is administered by Automobile Association Insurance Services Ltd and underwritten by Acromas Insurance Company Limited.
Calling from the UK, UK mobile and abroad: 00 800 88 77 66 55
(when dialing from within UK always dial 00 800 the European breakdown emergency centre and not 0800 which is the UK breakdown emergency centre)
If you experience difficulties, please use the following numbers:
French landline: 08 25 09 88 76 or 04 72 17 12 00
Eurotunnel Travel Insurance, including Winter Sports Option is administered by Allianz Global Assistance (which is a trading name of Mondial Assistance (UK) Ltd) and underwritten by AGA International SA.
24 hour medical emergency helpline: 00 44 20 8666 9219
For other Personal Travel Insurance claims, phone: 00 44 20 8666 9218
Terms and conditions
- General insurance products have a statutory cancellation period of 14 days during which period you will receive a full refund of premium unless the insurance cover has already started.
- Please consult the policy terms and conditions for how to cancel a policy.
- Eurotunnel Motor Breakdown Cover is administered by Automobile Association Insurance Services Ltd and underwritten by Acromas Insurance Company Limited.
- Eurotunnel Travel Insurance, including Winter Sports Option is administered by Allianz Global Assistance (which is a trading name of Mondial Assistance (UK) Ltd) and underwritten by AGA International SA.
The Channel Tunnel Group Limited is an Appointed Representative of Eurotunnel Financial Services Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, number 490713.